Job Type: Full-time Internship
Duration: Two months (February 2021 thru March 2021)
Location: Scottsdale, AZ (and surrounding areas)
Housing Accommodations: Not provided.
Travel Accommodations: Provided upon travel needs.
Job Description: The Marketing & Partnerships Intern (MPI) will be an important part of our Spring Training operation. With a small internal crew, we will rely on our interns to make actionable, important contributions to every element of our company. This intern will be assisting a few of our employees, specifically in our Marketing department. Those employees include our Director of Marketing, Digital Media Manager, & Athlete Marketing Agent. This will not be your “typical” internship. Rather than running to get coffee, you will be assisting in creating & executing company marketing strategies, assisting in partnership activation and recruiting, and much more. Our MPI will be right in the thick of our operation that will give you some of the most valuable experience you can find in sports.
What Kind of Experience We Want: We’re strong believers in hiring the right people, not the right resume. Whether you’re currently enrolled in a program, graduated, or dropped out, we want to see how you work and how you can take our company to the next level.
What We Look For:
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Affinity for Sports Marketing
- Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, Lightroom, etc. preferred)
- Social Media Management (YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, etc.)
- Analytics & reporting software and proficiency
- Prior experience working in sports or another applicable industry
What You Should Expect to Do:
- Assist the Director of Marketing in daily operations & strategy planning
- Assist with Production setup & operations
- Create, manage, and execute marketing strategies for various content series’ in conjunction with the Director of Content & Digital Media Manager
- Assist our Athlete Marketing Agent with player-specific deals, prospects, and activations
- Attend marketing meetings & partnership calls with brands, outlets, and other partners
- Assist the Director of Marketing with Merchandise Inventory & Shop Operations
- Prospect & Ideate new potential partnerships
- Research & contact potential partners & brands in the industry
- Build decks & collateral for partners, internal use, and other necessary uses
- Assist other internal employees with daily tasks & special projects
- Work directly with elite-level talent & athletes
- Other duties as assigned.